As a home owner myself, I know first hand how the home operates and how to control energy usage in the home.
There are 9 basic things I did to my home which continue to pay dividends.
1. Radiant Barrier: This is by far the best bang for the buck that I have ever spent. Enough cannot be said about the benefits of Radiant Barrier. We proudly install this product and can guarantee that you will get a return on your investment for this product.
2. Attic Ventiallation: Dead air space in your attic is your enemy. This is a great DIY job, but you need to understand what, where and how.
3. Solar Screens: I can build you custom Solar screens for an average of $3.50 per sq ft. You will be shocked at how much heat enters your Western and Southern windows in the heat of a Texas Summer.
4. Insulation: In Texas you almost can't get enough!
6. Compact Flouresenct Lighting
8. High E- Windows
9. Shopping Electrical Rates at POWERTOCHOOSE.COM
These upgrades have created a very comfortable living space and an easy to open energy bill.
American-Craftsmen can provide all of these services, except HVAC, for you at very reasonable prices.